1. All orders must be paid in advance by Money Order, Cash, Debit, or Certified Cheque. Where credit has been pre-approved, terms are net 30 days.
2. Service includes pickup at residence and delivery to residence (door to door) unless otherwise arranged. In most cases, we utilize either tilt’n load flat bed tow trucks or 3-4 car carriers.
3. Vehicles are driven only in the auto compound for loading or unloading purposes.
4. The vehicle is fully insured to the red book value, no deductible. It is not necessary for the vehicle to be separately insured (unless it is an antique) and does not require license plates. (Overseas Shipments Excluded, see 14)
5. A photocopy of the vehicle registration should be placed in the glove box. (Original is not required). Two sets of keys must be delivered with the vehicle.
6. Repair all broken, loose or rusted parts, No aerosols, combustibles, liquor or tobacco.
7. Any accessories not permanently mounted should be removed. Be certain the jack and spare tire are properly stowed.
8. Please have your vehicle washed prior to pick up and we recommend a heavy coat of wax to help fight the elements en route . Vehicles that are shipped by enclosed railcar, have side shielding with small spaces for ventilation on the railcar.
9. Caps/Canopies on pick up trucks must be properly bolted to the box of the truck to ensure safe delivery.
10. Please inform us of any security features, starting instructions or details pertinent to the handling of your vehicle.
11. Your vehicle should be half full. Top up all other fluids. During colder months be sure you care is properly winterized.
12. Check to see you vehicle is in good running order. Tire, battery and a working emergency brake are important to ensure smooth handling during shipment. Remove all loose items and personal belongings.
13. We are not responsible for environmental pollution, exhaust systems, wiring, mechanical and manufacturer’s defects, corroded parts, broken or loose parts, personal belongings, damages attributable to normal wear and tear, items mounted on or under dash, loose speakers and damages/defects not readily visible due to weather conditions, dirt or inspection location.
14. Vehicles shipped overseas must purchase cargo Insurance separately, as they are not automatically covered.
15. Any claim for damage MUST be noted at the time of release with carrier. All claims must be filed within 60 days of delivery along with 2 estimates for repair.
SEARAIL PO Box 280, Main Post Office, New Westminister BC V3L 4Y6.
HANSENS’S Forwarding 1350 McAra Street, Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 2Z6 Attention Louis Champagne